Tennessee Valley Pecan Company: June 2020 COVID-19 Response Update
Entering 2020’s halfway point is surreal for many small businesses (and individuals), and Tennessee Valley Pecan Company is no different. The historic, unfortunate events of these past six months make it feel like several years have elapsed within a matter of days. Addressing COVID-19 specifically, we grieve those lost and are adjusting to a new normal…alongside everyone else.
June 2020 Updates to Policy + Procedures
As states and businesses are re-opening, we would like to take a moment to connect with our community and ensure we are providing transparency regarding this new phase. Until further notice, Tennessee Valley Pecan Company will continue to offer curbside pick-up for local customers and will operate at 100% capacity for our e-commerce site. This is due to several reasons:
- Though we hope the spread of the virus will make a sustained downward trend soon, the reality is that (at the time this was written) the state and community in which we have economic nexus has experienced continued growth in number of COVID-19 cases. Boo!
- Maintaining a strict, sterile environment is most achievable if we limit in-person interaction to curbside service. This is both for manpower, cost effectiveness, and safety of our staff and customers. And, we are just as friendly curbside as we are in-store, if we do say so ourselves.
Mama always taught us to be prepared. IF there are waves of infections that impact the community, we want to be able to maintain a consistent presence and stay open as long as possible. The possibility does exist that another wave could impact the U.S. in the fall – which is our busiest time of year – so we are fortifying our resources to better withstand any issues that might arise for the remainder of 2020. We are forced to make the difficult decision to continue altered procedure as opposed to a more drastic interruption or temporary store closure.
- We will not physically accept returned items, but will work with you on an individual basis if you have an issue with a product. Our 100% customer satisfaction guarantee remains. We think you're the bee's knees!
- Contactless payment is the only payment method allowed at this time. Our staff is prepared to walk you through this process and we can answer any questions you may have. Giving you a virtual high five!
What does this mean for you?
- We are still offering ALL in-stock products with the exception of individual cups of coffee and tea, at this time.
- Our hours are altered for curbside pickup, limited to 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. Please e-mail us at: email@example.com or call (855) 353-1880 if you have a request outside of those hours. Provide as much lead time as possible when selecting curbside pickup; 24 - 48 hours is preferable. Again, we will accommodate expedited requests on a case-by-case basis.
- You can place your order online and arrange for a pick-up time. We are also able to take orders over the phone. Please be patient if the lines are busy and leave a message with your contact information. We will return your call as soon as possible, or within 24 hours during the business week.
- If you are planning to pick up in person, please be patient with added requests or same-day requests.
Shipping and e-commerce is not impacted at this time.
It is our most sincere hope that COVID-19 does not impact you, or your friends and family. To ensure this is possible, we must stay diligent and strict with our procedures. Every business evaluates what works best for them, and when you walk by our location on Bank Street, understand we don’t want to be closed to in-person visits, we are simply trying to be a team player. So, give us a call, hop over to our website, chat with us on social media, and know that WE ARE OPEN. It just looks a little different right now. We look forward to seeing you from a distance soon.
Check out our specific COVID-19 procedures and policies here.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.